Monday night I rushed from work up to Physique57 on 57th street for the 5:45pm Arm and Ab Body Booster class.
I’ve already raved about Physique57 and how obsessed I am with the classes….and this post will be no different 😉
According to the web site:
The 30 minute class will strengthen and define specific muscle groups. Challenging exercises will tighten the tummy and accentuate the arms.
Perfect! Who doesn’t want a tight tummy? And I’ve been particularly focused on my arms lately. Hello Bethenny Frankel.
We began the class by collecting a set of 3 pound, 5 pound and 8 pound (uh oh!) weights.
This immediately made me nervous because I’ve never used anything heavier than 5 pounds at Physique57. Within 5 minutes my arms were burning. Those 8 pounders are tough!
Cassie, the instructor, led us through a series of weight exercises, many of them different from the normal Physique57 class.
We then (thankfully) put the 8 pound weights aside and placed the beloved (dreaded) playground ball in the small of our backs. This was different from the typical Physique57 class, and I really liked the support the ball offered while still working deep into my abs.
Cassie led the group through several different ab exercises, many of which involved using the lighter weights. The arm and ab section used exercises I’ve never done before/considered before, and I’ll be sure to incorporate them into my gym routine.
- Class targets arms and abs – the areas I’m most focused on right now
- The instructor (Cassie) walked around and corrected form while calling out instructions/encouragement
- Cassie made sure to ask if there were any first time booster clients so that she could give a brief overview of the class
- The 30 minute class time was perfect – any longer and I seriously wouldn’t be able to lift my arms above my waist
- Music was motivating
- Physique57, please please please offer the arm and ab booster class on the weekends or later in the work day. It is next to impossible to make the Monday at 5:45pm class, let alone a class at 11:45am during a work day!!
Needless to say, I scheduled the same booster class for next Monday. Hopefully I can get out of work in time 😉
Has anyone else tried a Physique57 class? Thoughts?